Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

Home Forums Fitness workout tips for people with bad knees? Reply To: workout tips for people with bad knees?

• KaLinda

Administrator
    October 18, 2021 at 2:31 am

When it comes to working out if you have “bad knees,” I would suggest a few things:

1) Start off slow (and don’t feel bad about it). As the body gets stronger, many times people see an improvement in knee pain. If you need to hold onto the wall while you squat or reduce the depth of the squat or lunge, that is fine.

2) Focus on form. Sometimes the knees are hurting because one muscle is too tight while another one isn’t strong enough, so the muscles aren’t moving in sync correctly. By focusing on form, you are helping to “put things in place” and tell the body the proper way to perform a movement. The MA60 program is great for developing this form.

3) Stay mobile. Incorporating the mobility flows from the Elevate programs would be a great way to make sure that you are stretching all of your leg muscle groups.

4) Don’t push through pain that you know doesn’t feel right. That’s your body saying “hold up a minute.” Take it easy for a few days with gentle stretches, epsom salt baths, and eating anti-inflammatory foods like garlic and ginger.

These are just a few suggestions. Would love to hear yours from your own experience. Achy knees are very painful!

NEW PROGRAM DROP!

Train Like Me: Phase 2 is LIVE!

For those of you doing the Train Like Me: Phase 1 Challenge, get ready for Phase 2! This program is now live on TRU Training and is available through our All Access Membership (or get permanent access to the program by purchasing it separately)!

We will start Phase 2 on Monday, 2/19

For those who have not yet tried the Train Like Me program, we invite you to start with Phase 1 on Monday via our All Access Membership!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at:  support@tru.training

Más Vida is Moving!

We are excited to announce that Más Vida has partnered with TRU Supplements to bring you TRU Training!

Through TRU Training, we are bringing you even more fresh programming and education to help you continue becoming the best version of yourself!

To all of our members and subscribers, you may now login to your account on the new website to view your content. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at:  support@tru.training

CYBER MONDAY SPECIALS

Get up to 90% OFF
on my Programs

And $188 in FREE BONUSES with any purchase.