Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

Home Forums Nutrition Favorite Vegan Recipes Reply To: Favorite Vegan Recipes

• Cornelia

October 1, 2021 at 12:50 pm

<div>Tofu Meatball Recipe</div><div>
    </div>Here it is. I am a cook that doesn’t measure anything I use. I use what I think would work and sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t lol I just cook based on experience so it takes me a while to figure out how much of what I used. So understand when you make this you will have to adjust some ingredients based on the consistency of the raw mixture. <div>
    </div><div> 1 block of firm tofu, drained and crumbled </div><div>1 slice of Ezekiel bread, crumbled </div><div>1-2 tbsp starch (corn, tapioca or arrowroot will all work), use 1 first and add more if needed </div><div>1/4 cup coconut aminos </div><div>2 tsp ground mushroom powder </div><div>1 tsp black pepper </div><div>1 tsp hot sauce
    Broth as Binder if needed

• </div><div>Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Mix everything together in a bowl with your hands. The texture will not be like regular meat balls. You are looking for a texture where you can press the tofu mix into balls (you won’t be able to roll them) and they stay together without falling apart, enough to move them around in your hands. If they crumble quickly add a little more liquid and possible starch. It should not be wet or overly sticky. Every ingredient is a bit different and exact measurements might not work for everyone the same based on what kind of tofu you use, how long you drain it and what type of starch you use. I rolled it into 2” balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet with a little bit space in between each and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the tray. If they turn out a bit too soft for you once cooled I would recommend to bake for 25 minutes next time around. 20 minutes was perfect for me. You can double or triple the recipe if you want to meal prep with it. They are great as is but if you would like a little extra color you can pan fry them after they have cooled to get that grilled dark color as you would see on meatballs that are cooked in a pan.
    </div>

NEW PROGRAM DROP!

Train Like Me: Phase 2 is LIVE!

For those of you doing the Train Like Me: Phase 1 Challenge, get ready for Phase 2! This program is now live on TRU Training and is available through our All Access Membership (or get permanent access to the program by purchasing it separately)!

We will start Phase 2 on Monday, 2/19

For those who have not yet tried the Train Like Me program, we invite you to start with Phase 1 on Monday via our All Access Membership!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at:  support@tru.training

Más Vida is Moving!

We are excited to announce that Más Vida has partnered with TRU Supplements to bring you TRU Training!

Through TRU Training, we are bringing you even more fresh programming and education to help you continue becoming the best version of yourself!

To all of our members and subscribers, you may now login to your account on the new website to view your content. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at:  support@tru.training

CYBER MONDAY SPECIALS

Get up to 90% OFF
on my Programs

And $188 in FREE BONUSES with any purchase.